Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crux and Mercurial view

I've spent quite some time trying to make hg view to work on my Crux. All time I got error message:

hg view /bin/sh: hgk: command not found

I could not understand what going on. I enable hgk in /etc/mercurial/hgrc or ~/.hgrc. I specified the full path to hgk.py in there as well. I even modify default python path. It didn't work.

After some time of googling, changing various variables I found somewhere (probably on Mercurial page), that some Linux distro missing hgk even if they provide hgk.py. Now I know that Crux is one of them. I copied hgk from contrib directory in source package to /usr/bin and now hg view works fine.

2 comments:

Barthalion said...

I'm just curious: why not Arch? It's very similiar to Crux, but more popular and (usually) less problematic.

Wawrzek said...

I cannot comment on issues with Crux and Arch, because I know later only passively.

I was drugged into Crux by my friend and found it's small community advantage rather then problem.

BTW. I feel it gave me edge during my career.