Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mencoder (part I)

I like console. So I'm using it even to manipulate video files ;). My first example of using mencoder: I'm recoding files from my camera (Fuji FinePix 5600/5200). It use two passes technique (it should give smaller out file). I don't know if my options are optimal, I found it somewhere (I don't remember where). The input file is the first argument and output file is second argument of my script.
#!/bin/sh
mencoder $1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=1000:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01 \
-oac copy -o /dev/null
mencoder $1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell:vpass=2:vbitrate=2000:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01 \
-oac copy -o $2
Sailing through the net (I tried to find the place with mencoder option) I reached Mario Valle website. It seems very interesting. I have to read it careful and write more about it. Right now, I'm adding his blog to my list.

No comments: