Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

Terraform debugging (Azure Storage long names)

I had strange problem with Terraform on Azure. Everything looked good, but ever time I got. I tried to changed few things. Didn't help. All the time:

* module.storage.azurerm_storage_container.vhds: 1 error(s) occurred:

* module.storage.azurerm_storage_container.vhds: Resource \
'azurerm_storage_account.vhds' not found for variable \
'azurerm_storage_account.vhds.name'

I couldn't find any explanation to me problems, so I started to look to increase amount of information from Terraform. I found that TF_LOG controls log level. I ran

TF_LOG=TRACE terraform plan| grep ERROR

And found following line:

2017/10/27 20:31:37 [ERROR] root.storage: eval: *terraform.EvalValidateResource, \
err: Warnings: []. Errors: [name can only consist of lowercase letters and numbers, \
and must be between 3 and 24 characters long]


Yes, the create name was a bit long, but aaaa... The original error message is not the most obvious one.

No comments: