Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mencoder (part II)

My second example of using mencoder: I had the problem with large avi file which didn't fit CD (it had 1.4 gb). I used mencoder to split this file(console rulez ;). Creating of the first part was quite easy (I found the advices here and here).
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ss 0 -endpos 700mb -o movie_part1.avi movie.avi
But there were no info where I should start the second part. I watched the end of the part 1 and manually (eyelly ;) chose the best point to split the movie (for example 1:05:25). This time I could creat two parts.
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos 01:05:25 -o movie_part1.avi movie.avi
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ss 01:05:25 -o movie_part2.avi movie.avi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that worked great. I tried and use avisplit or transcode and had all kind of problems with changing bitrate on the output. Here is my script:
tata=`echo $1 | awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ss 0:00:12 -endpos 15mb -o ${tata}_cut.avi $1

Thanks Man.